Yoga Reopening Policy and Procedures
Planting Seeds Yoga, at the Center for Wellness, will be reopening the week of June 15. We will be holding both in person and ZOOM classes for people to participate in as we understand that not everyone is ready to jump back to in-person classes. We will evaluate and make any necessary changes as needed.
Note: these are subject to change at any time and as needed to comply with standards/guidelines recommended and/or by local, state, and federal government.
Those entering the studio must:
- Maintain social distance requirements (at least a 6-foot separation) from other individuals not from within the same household. We ask that everyone be mindful and considerate of others around you.
- Instructors will screen for the following symptoms before allowing participants into class: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, diarrhea, feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100° Fahrenheit (³ 100°), and/or known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19. You will not be able to attend class if ANY of these symptoms apply to you.
- Practice responsible measures such as hand hygiene, cough etiquette, cleanliness, and sanitation while at the studio.
- Follow ALL incident response protocols outlined in policy.
Yoga instructors must:
- Screen each participant before allowing them to enter into the studio.
- Disinfect the studio before and after each class, cleaning and wiping down anything that may have been touched as people arrive for class and before leaving after class (including doorknobs, floor area, mats, any props used, restrooms, etc.)
- Use only verbal and non-physical adjustments
- In order to comply with social distancing, only four (4) participants will be allowed in the studio with the instructor. Therefore, participants MUST sign up for each class and no walk-ins will be allowed. You may register for classes by signing up on our website (www.plantingseedsntx.com).
- Those entering the studio must maintain social distance requirements (at least a 6-foot separation) from other individuals not from within the same household. No hands-on adjustments or other touching will be allowed.
- Upon entering, please go to a designated practice area and wait on your mat for class to start. Please minimize the number of personal belongings you bring to the studio and take them with you to the designated area.
- Your instructor will disinfect the studio, yoga mats, and props before and after each class.
- Do not congregate in the lobby area before or after class.
- Participants will sanitize hands upon entering and leaving.
- Participants are required to wear masks when entering and leaving studio and are encouraged but not required to wear a mask during classes.
- After using the restroom, please spray or wipe down all surfaces touched with disinfectant, including toilet seat and handle, water faucet knobs, and door handles on both sides of door.
- The studio will be regularly and frequently cleaned and disinfected including touched surfaces, doorknobs, and restrooms.
Live Zoom Classes:
- Live ZOOM classes will be offered in addition to in-studio classes. We realize that not everyone is ready to come back to in-studio classes. Therefore, we have set up a special membership that will allow you to have access to live ZOOM classes. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in this class bundle.
- Participants will be able to sign up for these classes up to an hour before class start time.
Participants may still use studio mats and props. They will be disinfected after each use.
- Mats – Must be disinfected before and after use including your own.
- Blankets – Must be placed in laundry basket after use.
- Blocks – Wiped or sprayed with disinfectant before and after use.
- Strap – Wiped or sprayed with disinfectant before and after use.
- Bolster/Sandbags – Sprayed with disinfectant before and after use.
- Chairs – Wiped with disinfectant before and after use.
- Towels – Any towels used must be placed in laundry basket after use.
- Management will continue to post updates as needed, via Facebook and Instagram. Management or instructors may contact participants directly.
Incident Response Protocols:
- If a participant and/or instructor tests positive for COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to notify management as soon as possible so that we may notify anyone you may have come into contact with. All personal information will remain confidential unless you choose to identify yourself.
In the case of an instructor or participant being diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual may return when the following criteria are met:
- At least 3 days (72 hours) have passed since recovery (resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications); and the individual has improvement in symptoms; and at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared; or
- In the case an instructor or participant who has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and does not get evaluated by a medical professional or tested for COVID-19, the individual is assumed to have COVID-19, and the individual may not return to the studio until the individual has completed the same three-step criteria listed above; or
- If the instructor or participant has symptoms that could be COVID-19 and wants to return to the studio before completing the above self-isolation period, the individual must obtain a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis.
An instructor or participant with known close contact to a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 may not return until the end of the 14-day self-quarantine period from the last date of exposure.