Becky is a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate, supervised by Jennifer Bradt, MS, LPC-S, NCC. She received her Master’s in counseling from Southern Methodist University and her Bachelor’s degrees in Neuroscience and Psychology from the University of Texas at Dallas. She has a background in studying medicine and research and has worked in various clinical settings within the medical field. Originally wanting to pursue a career in medicine, Becky strongly believes in the balance of physical, emotional, and psychological health, which leads to a more fulfilling life all around.
As an undergraduate student, Becky completed her internship as a student research coordinator at UT Southwestern Psychoneuroendocrine Research Group and worked as a research assistant in the UT Southwestern Psychosocial Research and Depression Clinic as a Master’s student. From there, she realized her passion was to work alongside individuals in their pursuit of emotional and psychological health and healing through Counseling.
While working towards her Master’s degree in Counseling, she pursued both the LMFT and LPC tracks. She also completed the training track to specialize in Child and Adolescent Play and Activity Therapy. Becky’s clinical internship was at the SMU Center for Family Counseling where she led Child Parent Relationship Training and Student Mindfulness Groups. During her time at SMU, Becky enjoyed serving on the board of multiple student organizations, including Vice President of the SMU Play Therapy Association as well as secretary for the SMU Association for Student Counselors. While serving in these various roles, she received the honor as being chosen by faculty as Outstanding Student in Service award. She is currently a member of the Texas Play Therapy Association, American Counseling Association and Association for Play Therapy. She plans to pursue certification as Registered Play Therapist. Most recently, she completed training and is a certified Sandtray Therapy Associate through the Institute for Play Therapy.
Becky, who was born and raised in Texas, has lived in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for the last 17 years with her husband. They have two young children who she loves to take exploring and learning at local museums, farms and play areas with friends around DFW. She and her family are very active in their church and has enjoyed serving on the pre-school ministry team for the last 5 years. During her free time, she loves cooking, reading, and traveling to new and fun places around the world.
Becky hopes to work with children, teens and adults seeking emotional and psychological health and healing through a collaborative approach. Her goal is to provide a compassionate, warm, safe and open space for clients of all ages. Becky brings her training in person centered child play therapy, child parent relationship, mindfulness, Sandtray therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy together to work with clients as they navigate, process and cope with attachment trauma, grief, and major life transitions.
Trauma, Depression, Anxiety, Interpersonal Relationships, Mindfulness, ADD/ADHD, Attachment, Major Life Transitions, PeriNatal and PostNatal Support, Holistic Wellness, Domestic Abuse
Becky offers in-person sessions with clients of all ages at Planting Seeds Counseling in Prosper and Frisco Tuesdays-Fridays as well as Telehealth sessions with adults. You may contact her for an appointment here: email@example.com.
- Master of Science in Counseling from Southern Methodist University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Texas at Dallas
- Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience from University of Texas at Dallas
Professional Training and Development:
- Certified Sandtray Therapist Training, Institute for Play Therapy, 2021
- Summer Institute, Center for Play Therapy 2020, 2021
- The Siegel-Gottman Summit, Seattle, WA
- Biofeedback in a Therapeutic Setting, Lindsay Hollmuller, LPC-S.
- The Neuroscience of Relationships, Pieter Rossouw, PhD.
- Brain Research: What It Means for Counselors, Pieter Rossouw, PhD.
- Reprogramming the Brain to Health, Center for Brain Health
- Play Therapy, CPRT/Filial Therapy, SMU
- Family Play Therapy, SMU
- Family Domestic Violence, SMU
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Dan Siegel’s Mindsight Institute Program (in Progress)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinical Specialist (ASDCS) International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (in progress)