“Joanna” Hsin-Chun is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Registered Play Therapist and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional serving individuals, children, teenagers and their families in the North Texas area.
Every individual regardless the age, once was a child. Through numerous interactions with people and the environment around us, we establish our worldview and belief systems. Sometimes we get stuck in somewhere/ sometime using maladaptive reactions to adapt to current life experiences. Joanna strives to create a safe environment and mirror secure attachment relationship to walk with client through the hard time.
Joanna meets clients’ needs through evidence-based therapeutic modalities along with cutting-edge neuroscience findings. Specializing in trauma therapy, child-centered play therapy and sand tray therapy, she provides trauma-informed care to help her clients get through depression, anxiety, attachment issues, self-harming, eating disorders and family issues. As a mom, wife and a daughter, she is compassionate to walk with women in different life stages through pre/post-partum depression/ anxiety, child-rearing issues and to develop a healthy self-image.
Born and raised in Taiwan, Joanna respects the uniqueness of individuals from different cultural backgrounds and cares every client deeply from her heart. Speaking fluently in English, Chinese mandarin and Taiwanese, she also understands basic Japanese and is learning Spanish to better serve her clients.
For more information about play therapy, please click on the link below:
- Play Therapy for children age 3-9.
- Trauma-informed therapy for adult/ teens with Complex trauma, Grief, Adoption and Foster care issues.
- Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Shame/ guilt, Self-harming, Relational issues, Post-partum issues and Parenting issues.
Education and Professional Associations:
- M.A. – Dallas Baptist University—Professional Counseling
- M.A. – National Cheng-Chi University—Political Science/ Developmental Studies
- B.A. – National Cheng-Chi University—Political Science
* Trauma Therapy Certificate from Trauma Support Services of North Texas
* EMDR trained through EMDRIA
* Trained in TBRI Model® (Trust-Based Relationship Intervention)
Member in good standing:
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Association of Play Therapy
- Texas Counseling Association
- North Texas Chapter of Play Therapy Association (Winner of Emerging Leader Award of 2015)