Hsin-Chun (Joanna) is a Licensed Professional Counselor-Intern supervised by Dr. Jordan Davis, LPC-S. She provides services for individual adults, couples, families and children age from 3 to 13. Spending over 13 years in ministries with children in different ages, she knows that sometimes being a child is very hard. She specialized in Child-Centered Play Therapy (CCPT) to help children to get through bullying, depression, anxiety, attachment issues, self-harming, and family issues. Hsin-Chun established the first clinical playroom at Dallas Baptist University and serves as the first on-site play therapist at DBU currently. Specializing in sand tray therapy, trauma therapy and play therapy, Hsin-Chun matches clients’ need through different therapeutic modalities along with cutting-edge neuroscience findings. As a mom of a young child and a former leader of marriage group in church, she is compassionate to walk with women in different life stages through pre/post-partum depression, child-rearing issues and to develop a healthy self-image.
Born and raised in Taiwan, Hsin-Chun respects the uniqueness of individuals from different cultural backgrounds. She cares every client deeply from her heart. Speaking fluently in English, Chinese mandarin and Taiwanese, she can also understand Japanese and trying to learn more about Spanish to facilitate clients expressing their concerns freely.
- Play Therapy for children age 3-13.
- Trauma-informed therapy for Adult/ children with complex trauma, Grief, Adoption, Foster care.
- Anxiety, Depression, Eating disorders, Shame/ guilt, self-harming, Relational issues, Post-partum depression, Parenting, and Anger issues.
Education and Professional Associations
- B.A. National Cheng-Chi University—Political Science
- M.A. National Cheng-Chi University—Political Science/ Developmental Studies
- M.A. Dallas Baptist University—Professional Counseling
*Obtained Trauma Therapy Certificate from Trauma Support Services of North Texas
*Trained in TBRI ® (Trust-Based Relationship Intervention) Model
Member in good standing:
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- Association of Play Therapy
- North Texas Chapter of Play Therapy Association (Winner of Emerging Leader Award of 2015)